Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Must I Date Before Marraige

Am afraid because, a marriage counselor once told me that, one should date before marriage, to learn and tolerate his partner.
That, looking at your partner through romantic eyes without getting to know each other well may lead to marriage failure.
But, funny thing is happening to me. I don’t know whether it’s love at first sight. Because am into a relationship that’s less than 6 months, but we’re planning for marriage.
Many things have been said about dating. At least to know whether both partners can stay together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate..although my former wife wasn't in good health, I began "dating" her minutes after first seeing her. We went straight into a few surface level conversations and and 1 sleepover when MH asked me if I might consider "apartment sharing", which I immediately agreed to. When we got started and saw that we clicked she told me she had a daughter who would be living with us, now with our relationship hinging on the daughter's behavior, attitudes, etc., it was instant family. Although my wife died after 5/2 years of marraige I know it was ver good for all of us..since the daughter was an integral part of this arrangement shes still a great friend.